Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Watercolor Tag Card and A Funny Story

Here's a closer look at one of the cards we made at my last Saturday Stampers class.  Check out the detailed embossing.  
Our new Cable Knit embossing folder is an entirely new way of embossing.  It's super thick, therefore using only one cutting plate with the Big Shot.  The results are a deeply textured embossing for your project.  I love it!
I have to share the funny story behind this pretty card.  One day, I was happily working away in my studio, playing with inks and watercolor paper.  I was big into Fall cards and, therefore, using lots of Cajun Craze.  I wanted to test how dark I'd mixed the ink before working on my card, so I grabbed what I thought was a scrap of watercolor paper.  After I'd added a little ink, I realized I'd mistakenly grabbed a good tag ... so ... I quickly continued my color on to cover the main portions of the tag.  I already had out the text and leaf image stamps in my work area, so the inspiration hit quickly and the next thing I knew, I had created a beautiful Fall card:)  I love it!
If you haven't worked much with watercolor, I hope you'll give it a try.  You are only limited by your creativity ... and ... I think watercolor seems to be my best inspirational motivation.  It sets my creative juices on fire.  I hope it will work that way for you, too.
Don't forget these upcoming events:


- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top to see my class schedules. 
- Look on the left for sneak peeks and registration policies. 
- Please sign up to follow my blog and/or leave a comment. 
- Come  back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...