Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Send a little joy today!

My mission through my stamping and paper crafting is to share joy with others.  I find that the more joy I share, the more comes back to me.  What better project for this than my Joy Sampler.  We'll be making it at our August 13 Scraps and Prayers class.  My table is nearly full, so sign up fast if you want to join us.

This is one of the absolute most favorite projects I've ever created.  A big thank you goes to Ronda Wade whose original Joy Sampler became my inspiration.  Thank you, Ronda, for all you do through your Creating for Christ work.  I love it!  Here's what I came up with for mine.
I kept some of Ronda's original ideas and changed others.  The biggest change that I made was to change from Whisper White to Pool Party for my background and to add some decorative scoring lines.

I took a long, long time to finish this project because it involved a lot of placing and moving pieces, playing with the colors and images, and lots of thinking about each change before I committed to it.  I think the wait was worth it.
I hope this will inspire more of my blog followers to try a sampler of their own.  They are so much fun to create, they become almost addictive.  Having yours on display in your home will surely bring joy to you and your loved ones.  Better yet ... make one for a gift for a special someone and the joy will spread even further.  I hope this brings a little joy to you today as you enjoy my post.  God bless you!

Speaking of sending joy, I received so many wonderful cards in the mail during my recovery from my last 4 surgeries.  They all brought so much joy to me ... hand made or not ... I loved them all.  Several of the store-bought cards actually gave me some inspiration for new designs of my own.  So ... send a little joy to someone today.  Spread the joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...