Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

A Simply Stunning Card

What I mean by my title is ... this card is simple to create and the result is stunning.  It's all thanks to a gorgeous DSP called Something Borrowed.  Out of all the cards we made at last Saturday's class, this was the most popular of all.  We had a fabulous class.  It was super fun and everyone did an amazing job... AND we finished exactly on time.  That means that everyone worked really hard.  I love classes like that!  Here's my card:
This card looks more complicated than it really is.  This time, the frame (created with 2 graduated sizes of framelits) is simply attached over the layer of DSP.
To really bump up the card several notches to a real wow, I added a double layer of butterflies.  The bottom layer is sahara sand CS and the top layer is vellum.  To create the gorgeous, sparkly look, I embossed the butterfly with VersaMark Ink and my concoction of Whisper White and Iridescent Ice EP.  In the past, I've used this concoction mostly for snowy and wintry look cards, especially at Christmas time.  (I came up with the idea to mimic the beautiful look you see when the light hits the snow and gives it a sparkly look.)  I decided that, with a Sahara Sand/Whisper White color story, that it could be the perfect finishing touch.
The butterflies are attached only with the center/body portion, leaving the wings free, for added dimension.  I slightly off-set the top butterfly when I attached it, so you could really get the full effect of the dimensional look of it all.  In real life, it has a beautiful sparkle to it.
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...