Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Tutorial for My Happy Flowerpot Card

I am thrilled to say that I've received a lot of fun emails since my previous post.  Everyone was excited to learn more about my Happy Flowerpot Card.  I guess it ended up being a teaser,
So... here are the details.  
General tips and info for my cards:
Inside of card:
I like to line the insides of my cards with a 4 X 5 1/2" piece of CS.  I either stamp on parts of it or, as with this card, I add a strip of coordinating DSP --- usually just 1" wide.

Coordinating envelope:
I either stamp on the envelope or add DSP to the flap on the envelope or cut an envelope liner from DSP.

The card front for this card:
Cut a card base of CS  (4 1/4 X 11").
Score at 5 1/2" (using Simply Scored Tool) and fold.  Crease using a bone folder.
Cut a piece of CS (4 X 5 1/4").
Lay this piece over the front of your card base with the card open.
Cut the smaller circle first, just as you would when using 2 punches, through both layers.
Now you know your circles will be lined up.
Use the opening to determine where to place the next larger size framelit.
Cut this larger circle through just the top piece of CS.
Stamp or emboss after cutting out your circle.
Attach this top layer using dimensionals.
Cut a 4 X 5 1/2" piece of DSP and another piece of CS (same color as base/same size as DSP).
Attach these 2 pieces together and then attach behind the front of the card, so the DSP shows through the circle opening.
Cut 'happy' and determine where to attach the ends of the letters.  Place Liquid Tombow or 2-Way Glue over the ends of the word and carefully attach over your circles.
Sit back and admire.

Whew!  There you have it.  Please let me know if you have any further questions.  I love sharing with you.  I hope you'll try a card like this.  Once I figured out the circle placements, the rest was super simple.  Let me know if you come up with a new version of this and share it with all of us.

Click here to see all the photos of my card.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blog world. 
- Click on the tab at the top to see my class schedules.
- See sneak peeks and class registration policies on the left. 
- Come back soon for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...