Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

A Moon Lake Card

As soon as I saw our new Moon Lake stamp set, I knew it had my name on it.  I love it.  However, I just recently got around to using it.  Does that ever happen to you?  It's a matter of the 'so many stamps / so little time' syndrome.  Sigh.  
Anyway, when I did get around to using it, I loved it even more.  I went with my favorite way of coloring... using a puddle of ink in the lid of my ink pad and coloring with my Aqua Painter.  This has always been my absolute way of coloring.  It's easy and you can get some nice shading with it. 
Did you notice that I have a smooth layer of CS under the embossed layer?  Having all these layers on the front of the card and all in the same color, keeps it from being too 'busy' with other distracting colors and it ends up being more elegant because of this.  The framelits cut pieces are attached with dimensionals.  I stamped on the inside of the card and the envelope, of course:)
I did not stamp my image onto watercolor paper, so I had to keep it from being too wet.  I think that when people say they don't like using the Aqua Painter, it's generally because they're squeezing it too much and getting everything into a wet, muddy mess.  With an Aqua Painter, less really is more.
This would make a great masculine card, but I think anyone would love it.  I hope I've inspired you to go do some stamping today.

- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world.
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...