Pages

Friday, March 19, 2021

Beautiful Card with Blues and Texture

I love this card I'm sharing today.  It has beautiful blues and lots of texture, along with one of my favorite texts.  


Remember when we cut the papers for one of my hydrangea cards?  I used the blue pieces from the middle of each sheet as layers for today's card.


I cut these papers and saved the middle pieces, knowing I'd use them for this card.  I actually had the design for today's card already in my head before I made the card below.


With this cut, you can get 6 card fronts from one sheet of DSP.


Now, back to today's card.


I cut 2 layers for the card front, reducing each layer by 1/4" on top and side.  I embossed the very top layer, to add lots of texture, popped it up on dimensionals and then ran my fingernail along the edges, to rough it up just a tiny bit.
The stitched vellum piece adds even more texture.
The flowers are actually 3 groups of flowers cut from some of the Hydrangea Hill DSP.  I worked with them with my fingers to curl them up a bit (after fussy cutting) and then attached them all with dimensions.
So that's it for a pretty card in blue.  Hope you liked it.  In my next post and I'll share more blues, using a seashell theme instead of flowers.

Come back soon for more fun projects!


HAPPY STAMPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...