Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Sand and Sea Card with Lots of Texture

Today's card has one of my most favorite themes in this whole, wide world - seashells -- on the beach!  I love walking along the beach at the edge of where the waves meet the sand.  It's my time to commune with God.

Today's card has waves, a bit of sandy beach and a grouping of seashells.  There's also a bit of silvery glimmer but I don't know if it shows up in the photo well enough to tell what it is.  When our Holiday Mini Catalog was live, I stumbled upon the goodness of our Metallic Mesh Ribbon.  It was actually featured in with the Magic in This Night Suite - for Halloween.  As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be good for adding to any project where you needed a bit of sparkle.  I did a little bit of hoarding at that point:). I used a bit of this shimmery goodness to slip behind my seashells today.  It adds texture and a bit sparkle.

The background is embossed DSP (Seabed 3D Embossing Folder) and torn at an angle, to look like waves breaking on the sandy beach.  I attached the embossed piece to the 'sandy' piece of DSP and cut it the size I wanted for my card front before attaching it to the card base (Misty Moonlight).  The seashells are actually cut from the DSP and than attached with dimensionals.  It's a pretty card and I like it a lot.  Of course, as a beach lover, I'm a bit biased in my opinion:)

As always, I like to decorate the envelope flap and the inside of the card.  Here are a couple of variations.


Scrunch up your eyes and look very closely and you can see the shimmer of the metallic ribbon. 


Here's a shot of my beloved beach area.

Come back soon for more fun projects!


HAPPY STAMPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...