Pages

Monday, April 16, 2018

A Good Day for Some Daisies ... and ... The Truth About My Green Thumb

Today seems like a good day for some daisies.  It's 30 degrees out as I write this and our new deck is covered with a thin layer of white frosty crunch.  Our Spring is having a very difficult time finding its way here, although we do have fun bits of green popping up here and there in our flower beds.  I think most of them are day lilies, along with a few iris.  I love daisies.  They always remind me of Spring or Summer and they seem to bring out the happy in everything around them.  I don't seem to do well growing them outdoors, so I put my efforts into using them in my art.  My only green thumb is from inks or paints:)
I love using ovals for the focal piece of a card.  Whatever you place in the frame instantly becomes the star.  For this one, I used 2 colors, creating a mat for my daisies. 
The leafy shape (cut from our Rose Garden thinlits) curves just enough to work perfectly with an oval frame.  I also chose it because it seems to mimic the leafy background in the DSP.
There!  I think I put some happy into our day.  Keep it going and make something beautiful today.
UP NEXT:
- April 21 / Saturday Stampers / 1:00-4:00 / $20.00
MY APRIL 21 SATURDAY STAMPERS CLASS IS NOW TOTALLY FULL AND REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.  

THERE HAS BEEN SUCH AN INTEREST IN THIS, I WILL SCHEDULE ANOTHER BRUSHO CLASS AT A LATER DATE.
NOTE:
Stampin' Blends free classes are 'on hold' until SU gets in more supplies for us.

THERE AREN'T ANY CLASSES IN MAY.

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration.
- Let's create something beautiful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...