Pages

Friday, April 5, 2019

Another Way to Use Butterfly Dies

Today's card isn't quite as messy as Brusho, but still has a fun surprise / wow factor.  I have some tissue papers in various colors that I got a while back (from Amazon) called 'Bleeding Tissue Paper.'  I didn't save the wrapper and don't remember the brand, but I know that's where I got it.  It caught my eye when I was looking for some other craft materials to use with my sweet Olive Jane.  It's such a blessing that she loves to come to Nanna's house and 'do projects' together.  We have so much fun.  I'm working on my son to give us another sleepover together.  Before she left last time, she had already planned a list of what she wants us to do next time.  One project she wants to try is a dream catcher.  What a girl!
Anyway, back to the bleeding tissue.  I carefully cut out the butterflies using the die.  It was really tricky to pick them up, once cut, and lay them onto a piece of watercolor paper - because the tissue is pretty thin.  All you do after that is spritz it all with water and watch it start to bleed.  What fun!
Once it's dry, you lift off the tissue paper and see what magic is waiting for you.  I love it.  Olive and I each experimented with several different colors.  She chose pink, green and turquoise and they turned out gorgeous.  She took them home before I got a photo.  I used blues, greens and purples - also gorgeous.  For this card and have just the blues and purples.  Here's what I ended up with after it dried and I put my card together.
As with my previous post, I haven't decided if I want to add a sentiment to the front.  Sometimes, I just like the clean, simplicity of it and let the image be the star.
What do you think?
UP NEXT:

April 8 --- Scraps and Prayers / 5:30-7:30 / $18.
We're going to have a blast playing with BRUSHO.  We're going to make several beautiful cards using Brusho ... AND ... I'll show you how you could make your own Swatch Book at home, to highlight some of the many fun ways to use Brusho.
DON'T FORGET:
We're going to have a '25 Cents Sale' for anyone in the class wishing to participate.  Bring your stamping goodies in a box or container and we'll put a little cup in front of it.  We'll 'shop' on the honor system, dropping quarters in the cup for each item we wish to get.  We'll see if anyone goes home with anything left in their cup:)  You may still shop, even if you don't have anything you wish to add to this fun little sale.  It's a great way to build your stamping supplies.  You may want to bring a shopping tote:)

SAVE THE DATE:   
June 23 --- Summer Open House Party with our new catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...