Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Surprise Pop-Up Butterfly Card

I have a pretty card for you today and here's how to make it. Notice I used the next larger size of scalloped die cut to this card. They’re from the Stitched So Sweetly dies. The embossed bricks add so much to the design. I love this embossing folder! I attached the large, yellow butterfly the same way I did the smaller ones on the butterfly box in my previous post. (You can add Wink of Stella to this butterfly, too.) Attach the top layers of the card with dimensionals, for added interest.

As if this card wasn’t already a winner, I decided to make it into a surprise pop-up card. Making this design is easy as can be. Score the square horizontally and vertically down the middle and then corner to corner on ONE diagonal. Place it inside your card with the point at the fold of the card. Be sure the point of the pop-up piece is as close to the card fold as possible. Attach by gluing the back square of the DSP. Press down well. Now, add glue to the top square of the DSP, close your card and press down. Once it’s dry, it will pop up every time you open your card. (Studying the photo will help you be sure you get the idea.). I added 2 little white square pieces, so you can stamp and/or write something on the inside of your card. For the pop-up piece, I cut a 6 X 6" square of DSP down to a 5 3/4" square, to be sure it fit completely inside the card. You could use a full 6" square, but I worried that it would show a teeny, tiny bit and I didn't want that.
I hope you love this card as much as I do.

Come back soon for more creative inspiration!


HAPPY STAMPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...