Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Valentines and Treasures

I've been working, slowly but surely, on a new display for my antique library table.  The color story is from the Twitterpated DSP and there are lots of hearts.
Twitterpated colors ---
Pear Pizzazz, Basic Gray, Island Indigo, Riding Hood Red, Blushing Bride,
   Baja Breeze,
          ...and Whisper White

Here's a sneak peek:
Here's a close-up of the gorgeous pleated satin ribbon.  The heart mold has one of the new pearls inside it.   (The pearl-tipped stick pin is just to hold the crochet trim lace around one of my favorite little spools.)
I'm using heart-shaped cookie cutters to show off the Twitterpated DSP and embroidery hoops to show off some of the coordinating fabric.  (There are some other fabrics in the background -- all available in our Idea Book and Catalog.)
I love the cookie cutters with the handles on them:)
Isn't the little baby heart cute?
More pleated satin ribbon, Twitterpated fabric and a pin I made.  I glued several layers of chipboard together, attached a stamped piece of CS, distressed it with a sponge and then coated it all with repeated layers of VersaMark/Clear EP.  I added embellishments of antique brads and some ribbons.  There is a pin back glued to the back of it.
Here's a 4 X 4" card made with coordinating Twitterpated products, pleated satin ribbon and showcasing Apothecary Art stamped shape.  It is embossed with our Pewter EP and die cut with one of our new framelits dies.  I also embossed the background with a stamp from the Creative Elements set.
...more hearts, more pearls and some glimmer paper...
Little cardboard boxes are fun and easy to decorate, whether square or round.

I had to share with you one of my 'treasures' I found in an antique store.  No, they're not antiques but made to look like they are and I thought they were cute and a super bargain.
I already had some girls' shoes, so the little black shoes just had to come home with me.
This little 'sewing caddy / thingy' is something I took a liking to at an antique store.  My husband got it and gave it to me for Christmas.  I cleaned it up and added some ribbons.
The pin cushion that came with it was too large to sit properly in the center, so I switched it out for a smaller one that I already had --- perfect!

I added my old coffee grinder to the display, along with more of my old spools...I guess I am a spooler.
More cards using the fun, new products.

So........ are you Twitterpated yet?  If not, you'd better get going.  It's terrific!

If you don't have any of the new products and would like to try a sampling of them, don't forget about my Product Share.  You can read all about it hereThe offer goes only until the end of January, so hurry up and get in on a great deal.  It's super fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...