Pages

Friday, March 3, 2017

Carousel Pony Card with Brusho Background ... and ... A Word About Brusho

When my kids were little and now, with my grandkids, I love to take them to ride on a carousel.  They love it and I love watching their smiling faces.  I usually get quite a few photos during it all, too.  With the card I'm sharing today, I used Brusho to create a beautiful background.
I've used Wisteria Wonder (See, I AM using it more now:) and Elegant Eggplant to compliment the Brusho background.  I love using Brusho to create backgrounds because you get such a fabulous blend of shades of colors.  In this case, lots of blues and purples.
So my pony would show up well on the background, I embossed him with Black EP.
I added a pony to the envelope, as well.  When using a dark color for the card base, as with this card, I add a piece of white CS on the inside.  I stamped a pony there, too:)  I love this card!
Next week, I'll have 4 posts coming up where I'll share more projects using Brusho.

A word about Brusho ...
Are you wondering what this is?  These highly pigmented watercolor crystals are made in the UK.  They come in teeny tiny bottles.  You just poke a tiny hole in the top and sprinkle out a few crystals.  Trust me, you don't need many at all.  I think my supplies will last at least until my 100th birthday.
You can use them in a variety of ways.   There are lots and lots of posts on Pinterest about this product.  I bought mine on Amazon.  You can buy a little set or individual colors.  I recently purchased a video about more ways to use Brusho.  I can't wait to watch it!

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top to see my class schedules. 
- Look on the left for sneak peeks and registration policies. 
- Please sign up to follow my blog and/or leave a comment. 
- Come  back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...