Pages

Friday, December 14, 2018

Joy ... Simple Joy ... Down in my Heart

I directed the Children's Choirs in my church for nearly 20 years and loved every minute of it.  I had between 20 and 30 in each of my 3 choirs ... ages 2 1/2 through grade 7.  We put on 2 musicals a year and sang in church twice each month, along with having weekly rehearsals for the school age children and Sunday School music times for the little ones and, of course, Bible School in the summer.  It was quite a program.  One of the songs I taught the little ones began: "I have the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart ... down in my heart to stay.  They are simple, and worthy words by which to live.
Here are some of my joys today:
- getting my MIL moved into a smaller apartment in the Congregate at Christian Village in her town.
- getting to see my grandchildren often and getting to be an important part of their lives.
- making birthday cards for our church to send each month --- spreading the joy ...
- knowing the workers are nearing the last week of work in our home.
- playing with my fur babies each day.
- even though we can't really decorate for Christmas this year, enjoying our beautiful neighborhood of gorgeous lights.  They really did an outstanding job this year and I love it.
- teaching my art classes and seeing first hand the joy I can share with others.
- knowing that my 'students' are sharing their cards and projects with others ... spreading the joy ...
- making cards and gifts that I can share with others --- spreading the joy ...
- knowing in my heart that I have the love of God and the peace and joy that brings to me.

I'm sure there are many others, but those are at the top of my list right now.

So ... I had some pieces left from my Santa's Workshop DSP ... and ... I had these 'JOY' wooden letters on hand for quite a while.  I decided to decorate them to coordinate with all my Santa's Workshop projects.  They turned out pretty cute.

Adding snowflakes and ribbons really dressed up my wooden letters.  For the 'O' I wanted to add a large snowflake to the center.  It's double-sided and hangs in the center, suspended by some Baker's Twine.  It's cut from Glimmer Paper, so it's very sparkly.  I also added sparkle to the letter itself.  After attaching the DSP and letting it dry, I added a top coat of clear Gesso and, while it was still wet, I sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds Glitter all over it.  It's very sparkly!


IMPORTANT INFO AND REMINDERS:

Here's the link for the magnetic pad to fit your Stamparatus:
https://www.stampnstorage.com/magnet-pad-for-stamparatus-tm/

--- Dec. 3-31 / Double Class Chips and Rewards Tokens


--- Available to Customers Now / Stamparatus Bag
     Keep your Stamparatus protected and all your accessories for it organized.

--- Dec. 5 - Jan. 2 / Year-End Closeout / While Supplies Last


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...