Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2020

UPDATES TO MY STUDIO, PART SIX

I've had so many comments on the photos of my studio I've shared.  That's been fun.  I've had several questions about where I stamp ... standing or sitting.  Although, it may seem more relaxing to sit, I usually stand.  This is because my first studio was so tiny, I'm not sure you could even call it a studio.  I had a rolling kitchen cart in the center of our former nursery and that's where I stood to stamp.  It had 3 wire baskets beneath it and a butcher block top.  It had two leaves you could pull up to extend the top.  It worked fine, but was pretty cramped for a work space.  Anyway, I got used to standing to stamp and it is still difficult for me to stamp sitting down.  I do have a stool I can pull up for a sitting break when I need it or I can move to my table where I teach classes.  I have severe arthritis and can't sit OR stand for too long a period of time, so I designed my studio so that I have to mix it up and move around a little, so I don't get too stiff.   My paper trimmer and inks are right behind me from where I stand to stamp.   It works for me and I love it.  I think everyone has to find what works best for them and use the space you have to its fullest potential.




I'll be back soon with more design inspiration, so you come on back, too. 

NEED A CATALOG?  I HAVE PLENTY HERE. CONTACT ME TO PICK ONE UP.

That's it for now.  
Thanks for stopping by my blog neighborhood.   
Have a beautiful day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...