Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

UPDATES TO MY STUDIO, PART TWO

Here is another new item I added to my studio.  I absolutely love it!  It's a storage shelf for my stamps and coordinating dies.  Here again, I've used all Stamp N Storage products.  They are just perfect for what I need to have in my studio.

Previously, I'd always kept my stamps in pull-out drawers behind/below the bar.  (below the areas I shared in my last post). It worked pretty well, but I noticed that every time a new retirement list came out, I always found a stamp set or two that had not been used.  This is just sad.  I decided I wanted to have my stamps out where I could see them and not neglect any sets at all.  Also, instead of keeping my dies in a separate location, I wanted to try keeping the dies and stamps together, so I could see everything at a glance and be sure I would use it all.  

I ordered a custom built shelf (max size) from Stamp N Storage, painted it the same color as my wall, and had my hubby hang it for me.  All my stamps and dies fit ... even the new Fall and Winter stamps from our mini catalog.  I was thrilled.  The large stamp boxes on the bottom shelf (with DSP) are collections of my Paper Pumpkin stamps.  


Here's how I store my stamps and dies.  I assign each section of our catalog a number.  I write that number on the back of the stamp set.  The dies are labeled (on magnetic cards) with die name, number of dies, and coordinating stamp sets.  I now keep all my magnetic cards in storage pockets.  I added a labeled piece of CS inside a separate storage pocket and placed it at the beginning of that section of stamps and dies.  I hope that makes sense.  I placed a 'Creative Crate' on a table below my hanging shelf for dies that do not have a coordinating stamp set.  So far, the system seems to work for me.


I'll be back soon with more design inspiration, so you come on back, too. 

NEED A CATALOG?  I HAVE PLENTY HERE. CONTACT ME TO PICK ONE UP.

That's it for now.  
Thanks for stopping by my blog neighborhood.   
Have a beautiful day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...