Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Melon Mambo

This card was made using the Creative Combination from the Color Coach:
Melon Mambo
Daffodil Delight
Tempting Turquoise
This combo is fun to work with and lends itself to a bright and colorful birthday card. The stamp set is from our Level 1 Hostess Set "Birthday Bakery.'

This card is made with the Sweet Set from the Color Coach:
Melon Mambo
Old Olive
Elegant Eggplant
I used 3 coordinating stamp sets from the Occasions Mini Catalog --
'Button, Button,' 'Pattern Pieces' and 'Sew Suite.'
To make the pattern pieces actually look like real pattern pieces, I sponged (using a circular motion) River Rock and Crumb Cake inks onto vellum CS and then, after heat setting it, I stamped the image with Early Espresso ink and heat set again.
The tape measure was just rumpled up and pushed together onto a line of Sticky Strip, to give it dimension.
I added real buttons on top of the stamped buttons. This was really a fun card to make and I enjoyed using a combo I might not have tried if I hadn't been playing with the Color Coach.

The last card was made with the Dynamic Duo (monochromatic) colors suggested on the Color Coach. It's important to give lots of texture and dimension when using a monochromatic color scheme. I stamped the 'French Filigree' background stamp onto the card base and then added further texture by stamping 'Dot, Dot, Dot' onto the layer behind the elephants and then embossing the Pretty in Pink layer. All the dots were in keeping with the polka dot ears on the elephants, which I stamped twice so I could layer them. The sparkle brads add the finishing touch. Now, I need someone to have a baby so I can use this card:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...