Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Riding Hood Red - the last of the Regals

I was so happy when they brought back Riding Hood Red with the color renovation last year.  It is a really pretty, subtle red.  I love the Color Coach suggestions for the color combinations.

Creative Combination:
Riding Hood Red
Baja Breeze
So Saffron
This card was made with a stamp set from the Hispanic SU catalog.  It caught my eye right away and I've used it a lot.  The set is 'Flores Suaves.'  The butterfly is stamped on vellum and embossed with Iridescent Ice EP.  The flower was highlighted with a sponge dauber, then a VersaMarker and embossed again with Iridescent Ice EP.  I like the sparkle.


Sweet Set:
Riding Hood Red
Basic Gray
More Mustard
This card was made with the stamp set 'Chic Boutique.'  It will be retiring, so if you like it you should order it soon.  I added some elegant bling with the pearls.


Dynamic Duo:
Riding Hood Red
Cherry Cobbler
I embossed and layered a bunch of flowers cut from Cherry Cobbler onto the Riding Hood Red card base.  The stamp set is 'Growing Green.'  I borrowed the 'hello' greeting from the 'Chic Boutique' stamp set used in my previous card.  I added some elegance by spritzing with my shimmer paint/rubbing alcohol mist combo and then tied on a ribbon of Cherry Cobbler seam binding.

Well, that's it for the Regals Collection.  I am very anxious to move on and finish my Color Coach project so I can start making and sharing projects using new items from my preorder for the upcoming new catalog.  Soooooo, we'll be moving right on to the Neutrals Collection with my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...