Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Very Vanilla and Whisper White

The next 2 colors, Very Vanilla and Whisper White, are the basics for your stampin' stash.  These provide endless possibilities for color combinations as well as being the focal piece for your stamped images on your projects.  They are also the last 2 colors in the Neutrals Collection.
Very Vanilla Creative Combination:
Very Vanilla
Perfect Plum
Rose Red
For this card, I thought I'd play with the colors, using embossed butterflies, on a textured background.  I embossed a layer of Very Vanilla and added it to the top of the card base.  This adds an element of elegance and additional texture.  The stamp set is 'Butterfly Prints' and it works with our butterfly punch.  This would make a pretty card for a birthday, anniversary, or just because you cared enough to send a card.

Very Vanilla Sweet Set:
Very Vanilla
Regal Rose
Not Quite Navy
For this card, I used the stamp set 'Simply Soft' and then added my shimmer paint/alcohol spray mist over the entire card front.  I like these colors together.  This stamp set will be one of our new hostess sets in the catalog coming out July 1.

Whisper White Creative Combination:
Whisper White
Basic Black
More Mustard
For this card, I decided to go for a little drama.  I used the scallop oval Big Shot die and 'Upsy Daisy' stamp set.  I stamped the image in VersaMark onto the black CS and then embossed with clear EP.  Once finished, I added my shimmer paint/alcohol mist to the entire front of the card.  I like the silhouette effect it gives.

Whisper White Getting Started Combination:
Whisper White
Marina Mist
Night of Navy
I was going for a night time look for this card, as if you looked out your window late at night to see if your snowman was still there.  I used the stamp set 'Snow Much Fun' which will come out in the new catalog July 1.  I added a punched snowflake, a rhinestone brad and, once again, some shimmer paint/alcohol mist over the entire card front.  The snowman image is bleached and then colored with markers and 2 Smooch Pearlized Accent Inks -- Moonlight and Illuminate Top Coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...