Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Scrapbook in A Box

Today's post is a cute little Scrapbook in a Box.  You can fill it with all your favorite photos and even add journaling.  These are great to make for special occasions, such as for birthday or Christmas memories.  They are fun and really easy to make, I promise.  I'll share some photos of each part of it and then show you, step by step, how I did it.

Here it is closed, with the lid on it.


This shot shows it with the lid off, so you can see how it goes together to fit inside the lid.

This is how you'd open it flat to see the inside.  You can add your photos and/or journaling wherever you'd like it to be.  I've cut the DSP squares 1/8" smaller than the background, so you can see a nice mat around each section.

This is the outside.  You only need to cover 5 of the sections because they overlap the plain squares when you close your box.

Now, here's another box.  This one uses stamping to decorate it, instead of DSP.  Both boxes have a flower created with the Fun Flowers die for the top of the lid.  The first flower was cut from CS and the second flower was cut from DSP.

Start with a 9" square.  Score at 3" and 6" (horizontally and vertically) and then cut in on each of the sides as marked in black ink.






For the lid, start with a 7 1/8" square.  Score at 1" and 2" on all sides.

Cut and fold, as shown.

Here's proof that my trusty helper is truly a part of all my stamping --- even my photo shoots.
Here's how you can stamp the outside to decorate it.  I used sticky notes to mask off the squares that I wanted to remain plain.

So here you have it --- two ways to create your own scrapbook in a box.  Both are ready now to add photos and fun.


As you can probably guess, it is a bit more work to add a tutorial.
I'd really appreciate it if you'd do me the honor of signing up to be a 'follower' and leaving me a comment if this is something you enjoy seeing and learning about on my blog. 
Thanks for looking. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a really helpful blog. You have some great ideas.
    The London Fancy Box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. You are so sweet! I do love sharing ideas and am inspired to know it has been helpful to you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...