Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Serene Silhouettes

Once again, I find myself needing to make a bunch of special cards --- sympathy and praying for you cards.  These are difficult to design because you want them to be the most special of all the cards that you make.  They have a big, big job to do --- that of bringing comfort to friends and loved ones.  To me, they should have a simple elegance that sets them apart from the other cards you make.  For today's version, I turned to the most elegant color combo that I know --- black and white.
I embossed the focal piece with black EP.  The sentiment is embossed with Platinum EP.
The white satin ribbon is tied all around the card, with a 'sprig' of black taffeta caught into the knot on the front of the card.  
Because the card base is black, I attached a white layer to the inside of the card.  I added an image and text still have room to write a message.

I hope today's post will help you when you need to make special cards for friends and loved ones.  It is always so difficult to know what to say.  I think a beautiful card can really help to send the message that we care and to bring comfort at a difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...