Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Warm Hands...Warm Memories

Making today's card brought back a warm memory... about losing gloves and mittens.  There was a cold and busy winter when I just could not seem to keep track of my gloves and mittens.  I had to drive for about 20 minutes to get to the school where I taught.  I always pulled them off to free my hands, once the car got warmed up a bit.

One day, after my coming home with yet another cold, red hand exposed, I received a warning from my husband:  "If you lose one more pair of mittens or gloves, I'm going to get you mitten clips and make you wear them, or maybe one of those strings that run through the inside of your coat sleeves!"  I was more careful after that and, when Spring came, I found all my gloves and mittens.  They were in our school parking lot, in various locations, and all quite flat from many vehicles driving over them.

Today's card has a pair of mittens that I won't lose.

As you can see, I've used the same white on white background (and text stamp) as in yesterday's post.  Instead of hanging ornaments, I've hung up a pair of mittens (with white baker's twine) and popped the mittens up on dimensionals.

I used Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke to create the mittens and punched them out with our Mitten Builder Punch.  Instead of stamping them (We have a couple of stamp sets that have coordinating mittens.), I embossed them with 2 different designs.  One is the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and the other one is the Argyle Embossing Folder.  How perfect is that for mittens?

I hope you enjoyed my card and my little story.  Hang onto your mittens and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...