Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Busy, busy!

I apologize I did not get a post up yesterday.  I had a super busy day.  I worked on more items to add to my 2 Prairie Treasures booths, enjoyed lunch with my daughter at the Wildflour, played with the boys, made the final prep for my class and then enjoyed a delightful time at my class last night.  I let them make extra cards, as a little Christmas bonus, so they went home with a bunch of cards to share with special someones.

I love this time of year.  One of the things I love most is getting up all the Christmas decorations.  The boys, especially Ben (my 8 year old grandson) wanted to 'help' put up the living room tree.  I usually reserve the right to do this totally on my own (which suits my husband just fine) but decided to take a chance and let the boys participate.  Ben turned out to be surprisingly good at helping me.  He could anticipate when we needed to hand off the string of lights so we could get around the tree and did the same with the gold ribbon I wrap around it.  He caught on to mixing up the placement of similar ornaments, so they would look the best and he was so proud of the tree when we finished.  Aaron got to hang all the lighthouse ornaments and then got busy popping all my bubble wrap I use to protect the ornaments.  All in all, it was a delightful experience.

Here's our tree:
The mega blocks on the coffee table are from the Santa's workshop that Aaron and I built.



You'll note that Toby Joe loves to nap in front of the fire place.  He didn't wake up until the last shot:)

...and some new additions to my Prairie Treasures booth at the Root Cellar:

I've made mug mats and the cutest little Christmas stocking gift bags --- red ones and green ones.  Each stocking/gift bag is decorated a little differently, so they're all unique.  I've added more cards, gift tags and gift card holders, too, so you can see I've been really busy creating.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...