Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Watercolor Winter: 2 Ways

Here are 2 versions of cards I made using the Watercolor Winter set.  I'm home with a stuffy-nosed baby this morning, so I thought I'd catch up on my posts.  We're all pretty exhausted, after all the family get-togethers, the visitation and memorial service for my father-in-law.  My in-laws were truly blessed with a lot of really good friends.  It's nice to have a moment this morning to reflect on my own about the past events.

In turning to Christmas cards, we can think about the coming holidays and the One who was born for us all.  I love getting ready for Christmas and all the card-making, decorating and preparations that I do for family times.

Today's cards are 2 versions using the same stamp set.

Whether stamping on CS or DSP, this stamp set can create a gorgeous background.  In the first card, I used a die cut ornament (Ornament Keepsakes) as my focal piece.  In the second card, I kept the poinsettias all in the background, but stamped and hand cut the top one, mounted it on dimensionals, and let it take on more of the focus.  The sentiment is embossed.

So, that's it for today.  Both card are fairly simple to make and I know you'd enjoy making them.  Come back soon for more inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...