Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sometimes, you have to make it yourself... and last Sneak Peek

To complete today's card, I searched through all my stash of buttons and brads.  That's quite an accomplishment because I have tons of them!  I could not find the right kind of button that I needed for my card.  I needed to use one that I had a supply of on hand, so everyone could use the same for my Friday Night Cards class this Friday.  I did not have it, so I made my own.

I have been wanting to try our new Simply Pressed Clay and I was, pun intended, just simply pressed for time to get around to it.  My card was completely finished except for the final embellishment, so I dropped everything and got out my clay.  It was so fun and easy!!!  I made all the buttons and flowers from the molds, so I could have more for using later.  You get 2 molds in the package.  One makes 3 sizes of flowers and the other makes 3 sizes of buttons.  I will be making a lot more of these.  You can color them in a variety of ways but, for this card, I just wanted white.  Here's my card.


Isn't my clay flower cute?  I love it!  I attached it with Liquid Tombow Adhesive.  I've seen versions of this card here and there online, including on the Stampin' Up! site and really liked the bright and cheery look of it.  At my class, I'll share with you how I made the stamped, oval frame.

After I had the front layer totally finished, I thought it looked a little plain.  It was too late to emboss it because I didn't want the frame embossed, so I got out my new Gorgeous Grunge stamp set that I got at Convention and added some texture to it with stamping.  I love this set and look forward to using it a lot in the future.

So, now that I've shown you all the cards for my Friday Night Cards class (August 9), would you like to see them again - all together?  Here you go:
- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...