Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A Christmas Mini Album

I finished the Christmas mini album that we'll be making at our next Scraps and Prayers and can't wait to share it with you today.  It's design is a bit versatile and could be changed in several ways.
I designed a belly band to go around mine and couldn't seem to get the right fit to keep it around the album but still be able to slip it on and off easily.  So... I came up with using a magnetic closure.  I cut a magnet to size and used it to secure the belly band.
When you open the album, it has 3 sections and you can decorate it to your heart's desire.  I used a different paper for the flaps and then used scallop circles to hold the flaps shut.
I adhered each side of the lower flaps to form pockets.  You could leave them loose and add more photos on the lower flaps.  With the 3 pockets, I thought you could use them to hold 2 or 3 photos each.
Below... all the flaps are open.
Here's a closeup of the decorations I used to embellish the front of the album.  They are all attached to the belly band.
Another idea:
Leave the lower flaps open, attach a photo to the center flap and stamp/write messages and add stamped images on the outer 2 flaps.  This would make a wonderful Christmas card for special friends and family.
Before you go...
I thought you might like to learn more about our Scraps and Prayers group.  
How do we begin:
We have the best time ever!  We start with a brief chit chat time and then have a brief devotional time.  We then move on to share joys and concerns, and close with a prayer lifting up our loved ones and thanking God for our blessings.
What do we make:  
We make whatever I feel like throwing at the group.  We seem to enjoy every project I plan for our group.  We've made scrapbook layouts, decor projects, projects to make little gifts, ornaments, mini albums, and lots more.
Contact me if you have questions or would like to join our group.  Everyone is welcome! 

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or look on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...