Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Acrylic Block Technique Meets Colorful Seasons

Before I share another card we'll be making this Saturday, I want to say how much I loved our Scraps and Prayers class.  We met last night and I just love this group of ladies.  We had so much fun creating our notepad project.  They all turned out just great and who could wrap up our evening in a more fun way than Marsha bringing brownies and strawberry ice cream to celebrate my birthday?!!!  It was so much fun.  Thanks, Marsha!

Now, on to today's card I have to share.  I've used the acrylic block technique a lot over the past several years and thought it would look really pretty as a Berry Burst background behind my branch with blossoms.  I love how this one turned out ... and ... yes, we'll be making this one at my Saturday Stampers class ... July 15 / 1:00-4:00.  I still have openings, if you'd like to join us.  Most who have signed up want kits, so there's still space at my table:)
Instead of using markers to color my acrylic block, I tapped it directly onto my Berry Burst ink pad, so I would get a really intense color for my background.  Then, I spritzed my block and stamped on the background for my card.
I cut an extra flower to use on the inside of my card, as well as one for my envelope.
I especially love how the background stamped lighter in the middle.  This was achieved by not pressing down on the middle of my block as much.  Still ..... each one is a total surprise.  They never quite come out the same.
I know it doesn't show up photo, but I spritzed my flowers with a shimmer mist before I attached them to my card, to add some gorgeous sparkle.  You could also use Wink of Stella.  After the spritz dried, I added a few little touches to the center of the flowers with my Berry Burst marker.
I added a layer of black under the top layer of my card, to make the images pop and to tie it in to my branch.  On the inside, I added a layer of Berry Burst behind the Whisper White layer.  There's color everywhere:)
July Classes:
July 15 -- Saturday Stampers     1:00-4:00 / $20.00 -- fun techniques to create 6 cards.  SPACES STILL AVAILABLE.

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT JULY SPECIALS BY CLICKING ON THE IMAGES ON THE LEFT.  

August Classes:
August 14 -- Scraps and Prayers
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 -- book box with cards project. 

THERE WILL BE NO SATURDAY STAMPERS CLASS IN AUGUST.  CHECK BACK FOR SEPTEMBER DATES AND CLASSES. 
 
BE SURE TO SIGN UP EARLY BECAUSE CLASS SIZES ARE LIMITED AND ARE FILLING UP FAST!!!

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...