Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Flower Shop Card with Stitched Oval Background

Here's another card we'll be making at my Saturday Stampers class this Saturday.  What do you get when you mix together a gorgeous embossing folder, a stitched oval shape (with watercolor background over it), a scalloped oval shape, some sparkly 'gems' and 3 pretty flowers?  You get a really pretty card!  Using Berry Burst for the card base is just like adding frosting to the cake.  I love this one!
In my photo, I see that I mixed up the envelope with another card's envelope.  I've since put them with their correct partners.  I love the text on this card!  It's from the Bunch of Blossoms stamp set.  When this poor, lonely stamp set sat in my cabinet for over a year, being neglected, I never paid attention to the sentiments that came with it.  When I took it out - finally - to make a card with it, I realized what I'd been missing out on all this time.  All the sentiments are fabulous.
The embossing folder is called Ruffled and it is amazing.  It's one of our extra thick 3-D embossing folders.  I almost didn't buy it, because I wasn't sure at first if I'd use it.  I'm sure glad I decided to go for it.  I love it!
I added some of our Faceted Gems to the center of each flower, as well as some smaller ones on the ovals.
I don't think you can truly appreciate the depth of the embossing unless you see it in real life.
In the close-up, you can see the soft watercolor background I created on the stitched oval.
Love this one!
July Classes:
July 15 -- Saturday Stampers     1:00-4:00 / $20.00 -- fun techniques to create 6 cards.  I have a few remaining spaces.

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT JULY SPECIALS BY CLICKING ON THE IMAGES ON THE LEFT.  

August Classes:
August 14 -- Scraps and Prayers
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 -- book box with cards project. 

THERE WILL BE NO SATURDAY STAMPERS CLASS IN AUGUST.  CHECK BACK FOR SEPTEMBER DATES AND CLASSES. 
 
BE SURE TO SIGN UP EARLY BECAUSE CLASS SIZES ARE LIMITED AND ARE FILLING UP FAST!!!

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...