Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2017

A Simple 'Joy' Project ... A Joy to Create and A Joy to Display

I am over half-way finished with making up the kits and gift totes for the Christmas Retreat.  Since we've had to go to 'kits only' for this class, I'd suggest that you come up with your own ways to make this into your Retreat.  I know you'll enjoy making all 18 cards.  If you're wondering why it takes so long to make up your kit ...
When I'm finished, I will have put together enough kits to make over 180 cards.  Whew!  I look forward to hearing how your Retreat went and how you enjoyed finding your little surprise gifts.

While you're waiting on your kit, enjoy today's post.  It's one of my most favorite projects that I've ever made.  It brought me joy to create it, and now joy to enjoy having it on display ... and ... it will be a joy to reuse it as a part of my Christmas decor for years to come.
I've had this idea to create this project for a couple of years now.  It's lived in my head all this time.  This year, I finally took the time to make it happen.  I love it!  I've combined silver and gold embossing (mostly silver) and the word 'Joy' is cut from black CS and then silver foil.  I wanted the blue behind the beautiful star to be lighter than the DSP, so I layered it under a piece of vellum CS.  I wanted mostly silver on this project because I created it to pair with a gorgeous trio of silver angels.
Love, love, love it!  I added the light touches of gold to my project so it would tie in with all the silver and gold already on display.  The library cabinet that has the angels atop is right next to my mission style library table, where I have all the silver, gold, copper and even champagne.  I'll share an update on that soon, too.  Library cabinet?  Library table?  Gee, do you think it's that obvious that I used to be a teacher.  Seriously though, I love this style of furniture.

One thing I learned from this project is that I can go to my local craft store and have them cut a mat exactly the size I want, as well as the dimensions for the opening.  I never would have found a frame already on sale with these exact dimensions.  This is actually my second most favorite project for this year.  Wait until you see my number one!

 UP NEXT:

November 18 -- Christmas Retreat / KITS ONLY
     10:00-3:00 / NOW $40.00 / 18 Cards: 6 Designs - 3 Cards Each
     Fee includes all materials to make 18 cards. 
NOTE:
We are having a TON of conflicts come up with this date.  I am doing 'kits only' for this class.  I'm thinking that there is NO 'good date' in November for a big Saturday class.  I will have to  rethink this for next year.
   
I only have 3 kits remaining, so sign up fast to reserve yours. 

December 11 -- Scraps and Prayers Class:
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Christmas Cards and Tags

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration.
- Let's create something beautiful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...