Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Our Church in Tranquility, New Jersey ... All Hearts Come Home for Christmas

First, I want to share a photo with you of our former church in Tranquility, New Jersey.  A big part of my heart is there ... at Christmas and always.  New Jersey will always own part of my heart ... because of the beautiful people we knew there and because it's just a beautiful place to be.
Sorry it came out a little dark, but when I tried to get the photo outside, all I got were reflections in the glass.  I love this country church.  It was called 'the spire among the mountains' and was often used on the front of Christmas cards.  We had the most amazing organist.  She could play anything and play it well.  When all the choirs sang in this little country church, there were a little over a hundred singers.  Wow!
Now, would you like to see one of my absolute most favorite projects that I've ever made?  I love this one, especially because of the beautiful little church.
It really is straight and even inside.  It keeps slipping some in the frame.  I'm going to have to adjust it a bit.  Aren't the little houses adorable?  There's a church with a beautiful steeple.  I intentionally let it go outside the square.  I think it adds more interest.  Look closely and you'll find a teeny tiny snowman, too.  I love the stamp:  "All hearts come home for Christmas."
Now, just so you fully appreciate how much time and effort went into this project ---

The houses, church, trees, snowman --- Each and every one involves 3 layers of WW card stock AND a layer of Sahara Sand CS.  They are all painstakingly glued together, one layer at a time.  I got so wrapped up in doing this project that I kept at it until, the next thing I knew, it was finished ... and a lot of time had slipped right by me. 
It brings me great joy to make something that my friends and family and I can enjoy for years to come, as a part of our Christmas decor.  The little church reminds me of Tranquility Methodist Church in Tranquility, New Jersey.  So, yes, at one time, I was a Jersey girl --- and proud of it.  My father was the pastor at this church.  He was one of the best, perhaps the very best preacher I've ever heard --- and I've heard a lot of them, trust me.  I strive to live by many of the lessons he taught me through his sermons, his every day living, and his love of God and family.  I miss him every day.  I'll share more throughout the coming holidays about family, friends, and special memories.  Christmas just brings those out in many of us.  All hearts come home for Christmas.
ONLY 2 REMAINING KITS FROM CHRISTMAS RETREAT.  GET YOURS WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. / $40.00 / EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO MAKE 18 CARDS! 

UP NEXT:
December 11 -- Scraps and Prayers Class:
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Christmas Cards and Tags
It's going to be a party atmosphere at our last class for 2017.  I've even been working on a hand made present for you!  The class is filling up fast, so be sure to reserve your spot right away!

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration.
- Let's create something beautiful today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this really captured my attention! I love your take with this set! What a beautiful idea! And what wonderful memories you'll have each year when you put it out! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dianne. I'm so glad you liked it! I love making these sampler type of framed projects. I've made several and have already planned to make more in my upcoming classes. Be sure to check them out ... in 2018.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...