Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Joey, An Artist Canvas, A Quick Tutorial and A Strange Visitor

Joey popped in to say hello today... or should I say he popped up:)  He loves to get inside baskets or boxes of any kind --- usually, as here, he prefers the smaller ones.  One look at his smile and my world is filled with sunshine.  Joey chose my Fall canvas project for me to share with you today.
Yes, I cut out a lot of leaves and flower layers.  I absolutely love the text on this one.
I have 3-4 layers of petals on my flowers.  After punching them, I sponged and shaped them.  You can use your bone folder to curve the petals up or down, whichever you prefer.
A brief recap for making an artist canvas project:
- Paint on clear gesso over the entire canvas.
- Let dry.  Add second layer, if you wish.
- Cover the canvas front with gesso (Be generous.) and carefully lay down your DSP over it.
- Make sure the entire piece of DSP is attaching to the canvas.
- Reattach corners with extra gesso, if they start to lift up.
- Keep smoothing it out as it dries.
- Sponge edges and corners, as you like.
- Once dry, go over canvas with gesso again, to seal it.
- Cut out all the pieces you will need for your project.
- Take time to move around the pieces until you get the arrangement you like.
- Start attaching your pieces, using hot glue or Liquid Tombow.  Hold in place a little while.
- Stop every once in a while and stand back to see if you're liking the balance of your design.
- When you feel like you've added enough pieces, you're finished:)
- STOP.
- STAND BACK.
- ADMIRE:)
As with all my decor projects, I loved creating this one.
Joey is hanging out with Buster here.  Lilly is lurking in the background.
Buster is trying to figure out why Joey would bother playing with a cup when there's no food in it.  Buster is a food lover.
I've had another buddy hanging around a lot this Fall.  He loves to be on the outside walls of my front porch.  This strange visitor is a praying mantis.  I haven't seen one for quite a while.  I think they look so elegant and graceful -- for a bug, anyway:)
Be sure to come back for my next post.  My Scraps and Prayers group will be sharing a decor project they made in our last class.  We had so much fun!!!

The Latest Scoop:
I HAVE 2 REMAINING KITS FROM OUR CHRISTMAS RETREAT. / EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO MAKE 18 CARDS! / $40.00 

December 11 -- Scraps and Prayers Class:
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Christmas Cards and Tags
It's going to be a party atmosphere at our last class for 2017.  I've even been working on a hand made present for you!  The class is filling up fast, so be sure to reserve your spot right away!

Tentative 2018 classes and events schedule, coming soon!

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration.
- Let's create something beautiful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...