Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

Which holiday is it?

Have you started decorating for Christmas yet?  I know ... we just had Thanksgiving.  I love to celebrate both holidays.  I started decorating my studio on Sunday afternoon, the 22nd of October - the day after my October Saturday Stampers class.  Even then, that gave me just 2 weeks to clean, decorate the studio for Christmas and get ready for my Open House/Christmas party.  At first, it felt a little silly and kind of strange.  But, in no time at all, it because quite fun and I was instantly into the Holiday spirit.  The fun and crazy part of it all is that my house was half and half, with the downstairs being Christmas and the main floor being Fall/Thanksgiving.  That way, Thanksgiving is never neglected.  The day after Thanksgiving, I started turning everything into Christmas.  I love decorating for the holidays, making special gifts and decor to add to my growing Christmas collection.  I'm starting to see houses in our neighborhood showing Christmas tree lights through their windows and garlands on their porch railings.  I'm now nearly finished with the upstairs, except for the Christmas tree.  That will have to wait until they finish cleaning our carpets.  It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.  Trust me, there is a real Spiritual feeling to the entire season for me, as well.  That's what makes it the most wonderful time of the year.  Stay tuned ... they'll be lots more to come!  The fun has just begun.  And, without further ado, here is today's project I'm sharing.
If you remember when the new Annual Catalog came out, I used this frame to introduce and show off our newest In Colors.  Here, I'm displaying a sampling of DSP, some stamps, and our super fun Christmas embellishments.  I forgot to add our charms, but I think I showed pretty much all our other new embellishments.

The 'Merry Christmas' stamp is from our Merry Mistletoe stamp set in our Annual Catalog.  The other stamps are all from our Holiday Catalog.


I love the little elf holding the 'Happy Holidays' sign.  I later went back and gave him a tiny pom on top his hat.
 ... and here are some gift bags I made for our children's Christmas Shoppe at our church. 
The Latest Scoop:
I STILL HAVE 2 REMAINING KITS FROM OUR CHRISTMAS RETREAT. / EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO MAKE 18 CARDS! / $40.00 

December 11 -- Scraps and Prayers Class:
     5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Christmas Cards and Tags
It's going to be a party atmosphere at our last class for 2017.  I've even been working on a hand made present for you!  The class is filling up fast, so be sure to reserve your spot right away!

I'm nearly finished with next year's tentative classes and events planning, so you'll see news of all that very soon.

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration.
- Let's create something beautiful today.

2 comments:

  1. I love your wall hanging with the decorations. Can you change it out for different holidays? It's a great idea and you showcased it so well! And I agree...nothing puts you in the spirit like decorating. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dianne! I love my displays, too, because they are there to inspire my customers and to keep me motivated and inspired. I had this frame sitting around for quite a while and, when our newest In Colors were introduced, I happened to look at this frame and decide it would be perfect to show off these new colors. I will change it again when the Occasions Catalog comes out. It's really fun! Here's my post showing my previous display:
    https://nannastamps.blogspot.com/2017/05/my-in-colors-display-which-color-is.html
    It's from 5-19-17. Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...