Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Speaking of boxes, how about a book box?

A while back, while on a blog I'd recently discovered, she posted a book box.  I fell in love with it.  The blog is --- JanB Handmade Cards Atelier and the website is:
http://www.janbcards.com/2017/06/delightful-daisy-book-box-video.html

Her strongest talent lies in making things like this and she gives complete instructions in her videos.  I did have one problem with this project though, because she gave the measurements for the box part of the project as needing a 12 X 12" CS.  I wanted to use 8 1/2 X 11" CS, so I'd have more color choices.  I was able to adapt the measurements just fine, and then I was off and making not just 1 or 2 or 3 ... but 4 book boxes.  I loved them.  Each one of mine is filled with cards and coordinating envelopes, but the box could also be used for a small gift.  So let's get started with my first box. 
Is this pretty or what?  I love it.  I used Calypso Coral for my box box and covered it with the DSP and then all the layered goodness.  It was really fun.  Here are more shots of my box and what's inside. 
The ribbon slips between the DSP and the box and ties on the side.  Be careful not to forget this step.
Here are the cards I placed inside.  I used a die cut leaf as a stencil and did some quick sponging.  There are 5 or 6 cards inside.  I tied them all together with a ribbon.  It looks pretty when you open the box.  Look closely and you can see that I completely lined the box with more DSP.  Not only does it look pretty this way, but it also adds a smidge more strength to the box.
These boxes are pretty hardy, too, because they've been moved around here and there in my studio and are still in perfect shape.  Part of the fun in making something beautiful is sharing it.  All my boxes are going to be given to some very special people this week, my therapists and our wonderful receptionist, for their dedicated help in seeing me through three rounds of therapy in just a very few months.  I couldn't have made my recovery without them.  I can't wait to see how they like them.

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration.
- Let's create something beautiful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...