Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Got Treats?

Well, everyone loves treats so I have some for you today.  Enjoy!

These treats are cute, fun to make, fun to give and have ZERO calories!  I used Old Olive, Cajun Craze, and Basic Black CS.  The stamp set is Howl-o-ween Creeps.  It's in the Holiday mini on page 11.

I embossed the 'creeps' and then colored them with markers in coordinating colors.  Yes, it was a lot of cutting but well worth it and I find cutting to be relaxing.  Yes, I really do!  To get the first layer, cut your CS at 1 3/4 X 3 1/2."   Score at 1 3/4" using your Simply Scored tool.  Use a place marker and you can quickly score a bunch of these for your treats.

Once you have it scored, add some Liquid Tombow glue to the inside of your little folded piece of CS and lay the cello bag (pencils or treats already inside) in the middle.  Close the folded CS around the cello bag and weight it down with something (stamp box or punch) to hold it closed until it dries.

Using the 1 1/2" scallop square punch and the new 1" square punch, you can quickly create the layers to go behind your cute little 'creeps.'  I found a large bag of pencils on sale at that red and white bulls-eye store I like so much.  You can use an endless variety of treats in place of pencils if you really want something edible.  I attached my little 'creeps' onto the squares using dimensionals.

You can easily see how these same projects could be adapted to Christmas or Easter projects, too -- just change out your colors and your stamps and add color coordinated treats or pencils.

TIP:  When cutting out smaller pieces to layer over projects, leave a tiny white edge showing around your shape.  It makes it easier to cut and helps it to stand out on your project.

These are some treats I made last year with a variety of punches, some new and some retired.  I never, ever, ever get rid of retired punches because you just don't know when you may need them for some creepy project:)
I hope today's post will inspire you to get going on your Halloween projects.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...