Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

I am in love!

I confess.  I am in love with the new Spice Cake colors and the new stamp set Gently Falling.  The colors in the DSP are:

River Rock
Pool Party
More Mustard
Soft Suede
Pear Pizzazz

I would not have thought of all these colors together for fall cards and projects, but they are absolutely gorgeous together.

For the next several posts, I will be featuring combinations of the Spice Cake DSP, the Spice Cake fabric, the color combos and/or the stamp set Gently Falling.  Knowing me, there will probably be a few other stamp sets used, too, that are in keeping with this game plan:)

Before I show you today's post, let me remind you how the stamp set of the month works for my classes.  For Oct., the SSOTM is Gently Falling.
  • Order the stamp set (wood or clear mount) any time between now and Oct. 6 and qualify for the SSOTM class on Oct. 21 at 1/2 price.
  • Order BOTH the stamp set AND a package of the Spice Cake DSP any time between now and Oct. 6 and take the SSOTM class on Oct. 21 for FREE!
And now, here is today's post, using the Spice Cake colors and the Gently Falling stamp set.
The card base is pool party, with a layer of river rock over it.  I stamped the leaves onto very vanilla and then ran it through the Big Shot with the lattice square embossing folder.  The ribbon is pear pizzazz.

Here's a close-up of the leaves that I cut out and mounted on dimensionals.  The leaves are stamped with pool party, river rock, pear pizzazz and more mustard.  I stamped off (soft suede) to create a lighter outline over the leaves.

Check back often to see what other creations I have to share with you.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...