Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

I'm back, after living in a little piece of Heaven for a week.

We just got back from the most wonderful week at the beach.  I just love it there.  After a perfect week of weather last year, I didn't know what to expect this year.  We had another perfect week!  We walked the beach every day, browsed in little shops, enjoyed dining on the sound and near the beach.  I enjoyed the most awesome tuna steaks and grilled salmon!  Yummy!  I can't wait to go back.  Being on the Outer Banks in October turned out to be a little piece of Heaven!
Here's Toby Joe, walking the beach with my husband.  This is about as close as Toby Joe will ever go to the waves.  He'll walk the beach for hours, but not in the waves.
Yes, that's a jellyfish inside the 'O' along with a shell.

I didn't find any sand dollars this year, but we enjoyed all the walking just the same.  We saw geese, huge lines of brown pelicans, gulls, sanderlings, sandpipers, and lots and lots of dolphins.  Everyone was enjoying the beautiful weather -- kayaking, surfing, boogie boarding, swimming, building sand castles, jogging, lounging, fishing, flying kites, and just walking along enjoying the sun and surf.  It was wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...