Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Stars and Snowflakes Wreaths

With my knee surgery taking place in December, I didn't get to share all my Christmas projects with you before Christmas.  I am going to go ahead and share my projects over the next several posts, so you won't miss out on them.  Tuck them away for ideas to make for next Christmas OR, follow my New Year's Resolution for 2014 and make some Christmas projects all through the year.  We'll have the best decorated homes ever for 2014!

Today, I'll share a couple of smaller wreaths I 'remade' for Christmas.  These wreaths started out with a styrofoam base wrapped in burlap.  They originally had fabric flowers on them.  I removed (and saved) the flowers and turned them into Christmas wreaths by adding silver snowflakes and stamped/embossed stars, then finished them off with tiny punched stars hanging in the center.  I really enjoyed decorating with them for the holidays.  You could actually leave them up all winter.
TIP 1:
Punch 2 of the tiny stars and sandwich linen thread inside them, with the stars back to back.  Make at least 3 to 5 like this to hang inside each wreath.  Vary the lengths of linen thread for artistic interest.

TIP 2:
Score the stamped stars on each of the lines in the design.  Fold as shown in the photo above, with mountain and valley folds.  This really makes the stars look elegant.  Attach all the stars and snowflakes using a glue gun.

TIP 3:
Using an idea I got from Pinterest, I mounted removable hooks on the inside of my cabinet doors and looped the linen thread around the hook and over the door to hang the wreath.  I love this idea and have used it a lot!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...