Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Christmas Plaid

Here's another card using our Wondrous Wreath... this time in a Christmas Plaid.  I love the look of plaid.   It reminds me of a special Christmas memory.  First the card and then the memory. 
I've used our cherry cobbler seam binding in 2 places on this card and then created a coordinating envelope using some of our Washi Tape.
Now the memory.
When I was a little girl, my grandmother would sew for the entire family... every year.  She made pajamas and/or robes for all the moms and dads and complete outfits for all the kids.  The outfits could be pajamas or robes or my favorite... a skirt, blouse and vest for each of the girls.  I loved my little plaid skirt and vest so much that I actually cried when I outgrew it and had to pass it down to my little sister.  I do still have something wonderful by which to remember all my grandmother's wonderful outfits.  One year, she used all the scraps from previous projects and made a lap robe for each of the moms and dads.  I have the 2 passed down from my parents and I already gave 1 to each of my children because I wanted them to have a token of the incredible love given us by all our family.  If you're not already impressed, here's the info on how big a job my grandmother took on each year.  She had 3 daughters and 1 son and among them, they all had 7 grandchildren.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...