Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Plaid Stenciling and A Colorful Egg

This is another card we made at my creative stenciling class.  This one was my favorite.  I just loved how fun and easy it was to create the plaid background.  I used a retired striped stencil from Stampin' Up! and 2 different colors for the plaid.  I chose Pear Pizzazz and Bermuda Bay.  These work well together for a fun Spring look.
The cute little bunnies are attached with dimensionals.
I used our new watercolor pencils to color my bunnies and then 'smoothed' out the coloring using my Aqua Painter ... and .... must have coordinating envelope:)
The 3 eggs are cut from our Glimmer Papers.
So cute!
Now for the egg.  This is a Simon Says Stamp die that I used to create a stenciled design for the egg.  The die cuts the oval (egg) shape and the flower, leaf, and dot designs all at one time.  I sponged my bright colors onto a piece of CS and attached it inside the front of the card.  I added lots of bright, Springy colors ... simple but very pretty.  I don't often veer from using only SU products, but seek other sources when SU does not offer what I want to use for a particular project.


UP NEXT:
April Events:
April 22 / Saturday Stampers / Birthday Bonanza / 1:00-4:00 / $20.00 / NOTE:  NEW DATE / Birthday treats, too!!!

May Events:
May 8 / Scraps and Prayers / Plant Decor Project / 5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Prepare for some super fun!

May 20 / Saturday Stampers / Eastern Palace Suite Projects / 3 cards + a layout / 1:00-4:00 / $20.00 / THIS IS ALL NEW -- NEW PRODUCTS / NEW PROJECTS / SUPER FUN!!!

June Events:
June 12 / Scraps and Prayers / All Occasions Cards / 5:30-7:30 / $15.00 / Make some beautiful cards to add to your stash to send to special friends and/or family.

June 17 / Saturday Stampers /  Mixed Media Patriotic Project / 1:00-4:00 / $20.00 / Make a project that you can use every year as a part of your decor.

June 22 / EARLY BIRD GARAGE SALE / 5:30-6:30
June 23 + 24 / GARAGE SALE / 8:00-5:00

June 25 / Open House New Catalog Party / 2:00-5:00


- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.
- Come back often for more creative inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...