Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Come Sail Away / Sentimental Rose Card / Paper Pumpkin News

I have a fun card for you today and some updates on Paper Pumpkin.  Enjoy!
First up ... for my local Paper Pumpkin subscribers ...
We've chosen a date to begin our free Paper Pumpkin classes.  We'll meet on the third Tuesday of each month, from 1:00-3:00.  We'll get together and work on our kits from the previous month and just enjoy creating together for a relaxing afternoon.  If you're not a local subscriber or unable to attend, I'll be posting my projects on line each month, as well as sharing some optional alternatives you can create with your kit.
Now, for today's card ...
I love coming up with new ways to use our products.  Our Come Sail Away DSP is really pretty and definitely NOT just for sailing or nautical related cards and projects.  I chose a paper that would look pretty in most any setting and combined it with a couple stamps from a past Paper Pumpkin kit.  (our Sentimental Rose kit)  The flower was one of my favorite stamps.  It can be used in so many different ways.  Here's my card:
I stamped inside the card and on the envelope, to coordinate everything.
See?  This DSP design, used this way, has nothing to do with sailing or a nautical theme.  Isn't this paper gorgeous?  I just love it!
In these 2 close-ups, you can see the gorgeous, subtle texture in the background of this DSP.  I actually added Wink of Stella to the leaf image and the flower image, but, alas, it does not show up in the photos.  It is really pretty in person.  I used a double strand of Baker's Twine for the bow and left the ties long, for added interest.  
I added a layer of Balmy Blue to give a little color to my card.  You could easily change it out for a layer of silver foil or another layer of Basic Black.  Double layers of the same color can add a very elegant and sophisticated look to a card.
UPDATES ON WHAT'S NEXT

FREE PAPER PUMPKIN CLASS FOR MY LOCAL SUBSCRIBERS.
We'll be meeting on the third Tuesday of each month, from 1:00-3:00.
We'll have our first class in August and will be working on the July Paper Pumpkin kit.  The class will be open to any of my local Paper Pumpkin customers and you can join at any time, once you've signed up for the kits.  Bring your kit and we'll create together.  This should be a lot of fun!

MY NEXT SCRAPS AND PRAYERS CLASSES ---
August 12 - Pay to register by August 5.
          Pressed Petals Journal
September 9 - Pay to register by September 2.
          Home Decor Sampler
October 14 - Pay to register by October 7.
          Decorating a Copper Tea Tin for the season.  
Our October class will be a very special one, as we'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary for our Scraps and Prayers class.  I can't believe we've been enjoying this class for all this time.  I am so very glad I brought this dream of mine to fruition.  I am blessed by this group and hope I bring great joy to each and every participant.
November 11 - Pay to register by November 4.
            Christmas Cards and/or Christmas Project
December 9 - Pay to register by December 2.
            Beautiful Christmas Cards 

MORE SPECIAL EVENTS -----
CHRISTMAS CARDS RETREAT
Sunday, October 6 / 1:00-6:00 / $35.00
Pay to register by September 27.
Fee includes snacks and all your supplies.

HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE PARTY
Sunday, November 3 / 2:00-5:00 / Save the Date!  / RSVP

That's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by my blog neighborhood.  Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...