Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cherry Cobbler

It's no secret that I'm totally in love with this wonderful new color.  It's difficult to find a color that it would NOT compliment.  It is just gorgeous!
Creative Combination:
Cherry Cobbler
Daffodil Delight
Early Espresso
This is a color combo made in Heaven if I ever saw one!  For this card, I used the Big Shot and the large scallop circle die to create a scallop circle easel card.  The stamp set is 'On the Grow' and a frame from the 'Four Frames' set holds the card open (along with a flower brad) when you set it up on display.  Using watercolor paper, I used the Aqua Painter and reinkers to 'paint' the image.  I added a lot of dimension around the image by painting a shadow on one side.  This turned out to be one of my favorite cards because of the stamped image AND the color combo.  A bow with cherry cobbler seam binding adds the finishing touch.



Sweet Set:
Cherry Cobbler
Pumpkin Pie
Night of Navy
Here is another great color combo.  For this card I punched circles from stamped, embossed images from the 'Summer Splash' set.  I added a little texture to the background with the color spritzer tool and added a couple of flower brads to 2 of the circles.


Dynamic Duo:
Cherry Cobbler
Riding Hood Red
For this great color comob, I used the stamp sets 'Hello Again' and 'Greeting Card Kids.'  I 'painted' the stamped image with the Aqua Painter and ink pads.  The greeting is embossed.  Once again, I used the yummy cherry cobbler seam binding and a scallop circle to mat the focal piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...