Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pink Pirouette

I find that, when I want something pink, this is my go to shade of pink.  It is light and delicate and just plain yummy.
Creative Combination:
Pink Pirouette
Baja Breeze
Early Espresso
What a yummy combination these colors are together.  The stamp set is 'Strength & Hope.'  The nicest thing about this card is that, other than the card base, it was made entirely with scraps.  The embossed layer on top was left over from a previous project and all the other pieces were stamped or punched from scraps.  Everything is embossed except the text and the butterfly.  The butterfly was inked with Baja Breeze and then Early Espresso added around the edges with a sponge dauber.  After I cut out the butterfly, I added Dazzling Diamonds and pearl accents.  All in all, a very pretty look.

This will be one of my cards for my special class on June 3rd.  For all my customers who purchase the 'Strength & Hope' stamp set from me (on or before May 25), you will qualify to sign up for this special class.  The class is just $10. and we'll be making 5 projects.  I am really hoping everyone will support this important cause.  Stampin' Up! donates $2.00 from the sale of each stamp set for breast cancer research.  If you love the stamp set but cannot make the class on June 3, I will have kits available so you won't miss out on the fun.

Sweet Set:
Pink Pirouette
Sahara Sand
Always Artichoke
This is another one of those combinations that I might not have tried if I wasn't playing with the Color Coach.  I really like these colors together.  I used the stamp set 'Fabulous Florets' from the new Summer Mini.  I embossed the leaf/stem background with VersaMark and clear EP onto the Artichoke.  I stamped the flowers onto Shimmery White CS and 'painted' them with Pink Pirouette ink (centers are More Mustard) and an Aquapainter.  After I cut them out, I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the centers of two of the flowers.  I seem to be using that a lot lately -- and lovin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...