Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

So Saffron

So Saffron is a color I used to use a LOT.  Since the new color renovation last July, I've been using so many of the wonderful new colors that I didn't even realize how much less I was using it.  It's a very nice shade of yellow and goes nicely with lots and lots of colors.  I used my Shimmer Paint/alcohol spray mixture over the entire card front, but it doesn't show up well in the photo.  In real life, it's quite sparkly.  The stamp set is 'Awash with Flowers.'
Creative Combination:
So Saffron
Rose Red
Wild Wasabi

Sweet Set:
So Saffron
Riding Hood Red
Soft Suede
With the Soft Suede and Riding Hood Red, I thought I'd try a Father's Day card.  I used the stamp set 'Best Dad Ever' from the Summer Mini, a texture embossing folder (Soft Suede layer), sponging and the Color Spritzer Tool.  The ties are embossed with clear EP directly onto the Riding Hood Red.

Dynamic Duo:
So Saffron
More Mustard
I have a lot going on in this card.  I used 2 background stamps:  'Wonderfully Worn' and 'Sanded' for the background layer.  For the top layer, I sponged over the embossing to bring out the texture and pattern.  I sponged around the More Mustard circle and sentiment punched piece and added pearls.  I used 'Studio Sketches' for the embossed focal piece and 'painted' the image with an Aquapainter directly from the ink pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...