Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Getting Ready to Party!

Olive Jane's birthday party is tomorrow afternoon and I think we're all ready to start the fun!  Here's the cute little hat I made for her.
We made pillow box favor boxes in pink, celery and chocolate chip.  The invites, thank you notes and decorations are all coordinated.
Here's the hat base that I started out with to create the owl hat.  I ordered a package of these from the SU clearance rack for under $2.00.  It saved me from starting from scratch to create the hat AND I didn't have to come up with the elastic to hold it on, either.  I'll save the rest of the hats in the kit for future parties.
The rosettes will go onto the highchair tray, like a mini banner.
We made a huge 'Happy Birthday' banner to hang on their fireplace, but I will have to take a photo of that at the party, when it's already hanging in place.  I'll try to get a shot of the cupcake toppers on the cupcakes, too.  Now, let's hope that Olive Jane will leave on her hat long enough to get a cute photo.

Using the Nursery Nest, DSP, I also set aside papers to use later to scrapbook the event.  My DIL and I enjoyed our time together so much and we got everything finished without the pressure of one of us trying to do it all alone.  Like I've said before, I'm the happiest Nanna in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...