Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hostess Scrapbook Club Vintage Layout

Here's our layout from this week's Hostess Scrapbook Club.
We used Beau Chateau DSP on a Marina Mist background for our layout.  We stamped a little on the left side, using the Elements of Style stamp set.  The 'Remember When' is from the Word Play stamp set.
The hearts are cut using the Framelits.
My daughter has named the technique for getting the vintage look to the seam binding.  She calls it the 'wet and wad'  technique.  I love it!  It is just exactly that.  We spritzed the seam binding with water (I also added a little Stiffen Quick to it.) and then wadded it up to dry.  After a while, I laid the ribbon in an old cake pan and heated it with my heat tool to speed up the drying process.
Pearl accents add a little bling to the flowers and to the smaller hearts.  The flower are created using an embosslit.  I tied a 'spring' of crochet lace trim into the seam binding and cut the leaves with a sizzlit.
All in all, we had a wonderful evening --- again.  I just love my scrapbook club girls.  We have so much fun!  I'm already advertising that, if you sign up on or before May 7 for the next round of Hostess Scrapbook Club, you will get to make TWO layouts at our May crop.  May is National Scrapbooking Month, so I can't think of a better time to make an extra layout.

If you aren't in the current club, but would like to sign up for the next round, do so on or before May 7 and you may join us for making the 2 layouts on May 7!
We're going to kick off our first crop of the new round --- July 2 --- with a party!!!  At every crop, we share our completed projects with each other, show 'works in progress' to get ideas, inspiration and suggestions from each other and then we enjoy creating one complete layout + a project, just for fun.

Lately, I've been adding an extra bit of fun to our evenings by giving out some sort of a challenge item.  They are to bring it back finished to the next crop.  It's so much fun to see what different ideas people can come up with starting with the same item and then taking off with their creativity.  I hope you'll consider joining our group.  It's more fun than you can imagine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...