Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

A Peek at Some of My Christmas Projects

I've been having a lot of fun making all kinds of projects for Christmas... some with 'finds' from our antiquing/flea market trips and some from my 'stash' in my storage room.  When we moved to this house over 7 years ago, one of the features I really fell in love with was our huge storage room.  I immediately told my husband that he could have almost all the garage (I kept 1 tiny counter space) and I would take over the storage room.  He actually agreed (probably realized he didn't have a choice:) and I've pretty much filled it up.  It has Christmas decorations stored mostly under the stairs or nearby and all the rest is full of project supplies, seasonal decorations and odds and ends of things that haven't found a home yet.  It's kind of fun to pull out something and think of a new way to use it.

Here's a wonderful box that I found last summer at a flea market.  I painted it and filled it with Christmas greens.
It's at my Prairie Treasures booth, along with tons of  Christmas goodness.
Here's what it looked like before I painted it...
... and how pretty it looks being red.  It's happy now.  After Christmas, you could fill it with other seasonal decorations or think of lots of other ways to use it.  It's super sturdy.
Stop by my Prairie Treasures booth if you're in the area and enjoy a lot of bargains from now through Dec. 1.  Check out this adorable little red stool.  It was a dingy old bluish, brownish, yellow when I started with it.  I really wanted to keep it, but that's not why I bought it.  I'm hoping that someone will give it a home where it can be treasured by an adorable little someone for years to come.
Here's another peek at what I've made for my booth.  It's full to the brim, so I hope you'll go check it out and take home something wonderful for you or a special someone.
The fabric stockings are perfect for holding little gifts or even hiding gift cards.
These are cute little gift bags and boxes.  I have a variety of sizes and designs of wreaths, too.
The 2 Christmas plates would be great for giving cookies to a friend or neighbor or for leaving out a snack for Santa.  The little treat holders on my tiny Christmas tree would hold a variety of little gifts or goodies.
The framed decor would be great for you or a gift. 

There is a variety of Christmas cards, too.
I've added even more goodies since I took these shots, so be sure to check it out and get in on the sale.  If you stop by tonight between 5:00 and 8:00, you'll be able to participate in our Friends and Family event.  My sale will be going on through Dec. 1, so come by and help us celebrate our first anniversary at the Root Cellar (basement of the Wildflour).  Hope to see you there!!!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...