Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Lovely as A Tree Card with Subtle Shimmer

Here's another card made with our oldest and most beloved stamp set, Lovely as A Tree.  We made this one at my holiday cards class at our Forsyth Library last Saturday.  I designed this one to be versatile enough to cover Christmas or most any winter occasion, just by changing the message inside.  This would be a good masculine birthday card, too.  It doesn't have to be necessarily just for winter, either.  We do have beautiful pine trees year round:)  I just think it has a wintery feel to it.
I stamped the tree onto Shimmery White CS, to give it a beautiful, subtle shimmer.  I cut the tree layer out with our Apothecary Accents framelits and attached it with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The ribbon is tucked behind it and wrapped around the embossed layer.
I really like adding tone on tone layers and used that technique again on this card.  To do this, I cut my top layer 1/4" smaller than the card base.  I chose a retired embossing folder to give added texture.  The final result is a beautiful card that is simple to create.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...