Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Fall Decor Ideas

Today, I thought I'd share some decorating ideas with you for the Fall season.  I love, love, love decorating for this season.  The colors and textures are just wonderful.  Here's how I've used my new framed project for Fall.
Here are some other Fall decor ideas I've used in my living room and dining room.
This cute little chair was actually from a set of TWO that I found on one of our antiquing days.  I totally forgot to take a 'before' photo of them.  They were super grungy, partly pale minty green, partly smudged with white and the paint was badly chipped.  I cleaned them up and gave them a coat of bright red.  I was carrying them into the house to give them a new home in the family room and stopped at the fireplace hearth and went:  "hmmmm..."  ... and that's where they ended up... at least for now.  I just love them.  They were to be for my Prairie Treasures booth, but I can't part with them just yet --- maybe never:)

You can see the woven burlap ribbon around the garland in the above photo and the three below.  I cut a V in the ends of the ribbons.  This adds a really nice touch and it's super easy to do.  I wish I'd thought of it a long time ago.






 Here are before and after shots of the fireplace and mantle.  I wove burlap ribbon around the Fall garland.  I love how it turned out.  It's in the 'finished' photo.
Before:
Partly finished:
And finished... at least for the time being  (I do tweak all the time):
Here's a close-up of the old coal bucket.  I found it at a garage sale for $5.00.  I love when that happens!  I spritzed the pine cones with some of my White Frost Shimmer Paint/alcohol spritz I made.
 ... and outside, I've change out my decor to a little more Fall...
I was able to save my fabric flowers from the 'shutter/flower box' and then made the Fall arrangement.
Have a great day and I hope you'll try some of my decorating ideas.

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...