Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

There's a New Turkey in Town

I hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving.  We had both my children, their spouses, 3 grandchildren, 3 grandparents and 1 great grandmother here and it was a beautiful day.  With my knee in such bad shape, everyone pitched in and prepared a beautiful meal.

Our oldest grandson has severe food allergies so I went looking for something special, just for him.  On Pinterest, I found the perfect solution --- a fruit turkey!  We got everything we needed to make it and, so I wouldn't have to stand too long to prepare it, my DIL stepped up and did a fabulous job!  I love it.  Benjamin was soooooo happy when he saw it and I think it really meant a lot to him that he got something special, too.  I guess I'll have to come up with a Christmas version of it.
In the photo, he's already eaten a piece or two:)
Here's what your turkey looks like fresh off the Weber.  My husband is a devoted Weber man and has been for many years.  The turkey looks gorgeous and tastes wonderfully delicious. 
I am not showing you the other side of the turkey.  My Weber man is also a turkey lover and he already had taken a few nibbles before I could get my shot of it:)

I tried to get a good shot or two of all 3 of the grandkids playing together, but they were all moving too fast to capture it all.  I put my camera down and just enjoyed playing with them.  Bill and I were going to have someone take a photo of us with the 3 grandkids after our dinner, but we totally forgot.  There goes that Christmas card idea!

- Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top of the page to see my class schedules and registration policies or click on the left for sneak peeks. 
- Come back soon and come back often for more creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...