Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Best Birthday Card Ever!

In going to several Stampin' Up! Conventions and a few other Stampin' Up! events, one of the Stampin' Up! people that I have come to know and love is Shannon West.  She is a beautiful person... inside and out.  This year, she sent me a hand made birthday card and it is beautiful!  I have a sad confession to make ... I get very few cards... ever.  People seem to be intimidated to send a card to an artistic person and it makes me so sad.  I love all the cards I get.  If you're hesitant to send hand made cards (or any cards) to an artistic person... think again.  We love to get cards in the mail.  Want to see Shannon's beautiful card?   Here it is!
This card has a lot of wonderful details.  First, the strips of Washi Tape, mounted onto a layer of white CS.  This layer is covered with a shimmery spritz --- one of my most favorite creative things to do to a project!  The 'happy' is mounted very quickly and simply by placing a tiny staple at each end.
Now, look closer and see even more special details.  The tiny 'birthday' strip is heat embossed and attached with a tiny staple over a vellum star.
I love everything about this card, including a very special and wonderful note inside from Shannon.  Thank you, Shannon!  You're the best!!!
Oh, and yes, today is my birthday!  I was given the day off from babysitting today so I will have a relaxing day and possibly enjoy dinner and a movie tonight.  When I was a kid, our family had a tradition of dinner and a movie on your birthday.  We did a lot of special things as a family that didn't cost much but were more special than anything money could buy.  I miss them so much.  I hope they'll celebrate in Heaven for me.

- Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world. 
- Click on the tab at the top to see my class schedules. 
- Look on the left for sneak peeks and registration policies. 
- Please sign up to follow my blog and/or leave a comment. 
- Come  back often for more creative inspiration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...