Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Uncovering the Hidden Beauty

Before I share today's 'treasure' I want to remind everyone that it's time to get registered for my March 11 Scraps and Prayers class, as well as give me your RSVP for the March 17 Spring Open House Party.  A lot of fun is headed your way!
Now, for today's 'treasure' I want to share with you. 
I have a work in progress for you today.  I apologize for being MIA for a few days, but I've been working in my studio on projects that were just too messy to stop and share.  A lot of 'behind the scenes' work goes on here that you just don't get to see. 
Here's ONE of my current projects --- working on a sewing machine drawer ... well, actually several drawers.  I seem to have quite a collection of these.  I love them and they are so handy for containing lots of little items, as well as being super for displaying cards in my studio.  I was looking at one the other day and it suddenly hit me that there was something beautiful hidden under all the grungy stain and whatever some fool put over them.  I'm still not finished, but here's what I uncovered so far.
Why in the world would you cover up such beautiful brass?  All this time I've had these drawers and never realized what was hiding.   It has beautiful engraving on each corner and is labeled 'SINGER MFG CO.'  How cool is that?  I have a ways to go yet, but it's so fun to discover the treasure under the grunge.
UP NEXT:

March 11 --- Scraps and Prayers / 5:30-7:30 / $18.
We'll be working with thinlits and framelits, doing some heat embossing, and adding a bit of Shimmer Paint to our beautiful cards

SAVE THE DATE:   
March 17 --- 
                 Spring Open House Party / 2:00-5:00 
                              (Yes, it's on MARCH 17.)
                 Grand Re-Opening of my Studio

April 8 --- Scraps and Prayers / 5:30-7:30 / $18.
We're going to have a blast playing with BRUSHO.  I decided that we'll use it for card making, rather than creating a Swatch Book, but I'll show you how you could make your own Swatch Book at home.

CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED A CATALOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...